Monday, February 7, 2011

French Eclair Cake

When my mother would ask me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday as a kid, I usually chose this delicious dessert.
I recently needed to make a birthday cake for my brother in law and decided to use this recipe. It is extremely easy to make and definitely as yummy as I remembered.  

INGREDIENTS
2 packages of instant vanilla pudding
2 c. milk
1 tub whipped topping or whip your own cream by beating together 1 c. whipping cream and 1 tbs. sugar until soft peaks form
1 box of graham crackers
1 container store bought chocolate frosting

DIRECTIONS
1. Prepare packages of vanilla pudding using the milk (don't use the amount of milk suggested on the box). Once pudding is set, mix with whipped topping or whipped cream.
2. Next layer your ingredients starting with the graham crackers in a 9x13" pan. Break the crackers to fit, it doesn't need to look perfect or cover perfectly. After the crackers put half of your cream mixture, then more crackers. Then the rest of the cream followed by more crackers.
3. Place your chocolate frosting into a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes to melt. Pour over your cake and spread to cover (before the frosting hardens again).
4. Place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, overnight is best. This allows the graham crackers to soften and become part of the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment